Google Lens is an app announced by Google during Google I/O 2017, designed to bring up relevant information using visual analysis.
- Google lens was initially announced on October 4,2017 and its preview came installed on Google Pixel 2.
- Later in November 2017, Google started rolling out into Google Assistant for Pixel and Pixel 2 smartphone. A preview of lens is also implemented into google photo for Pixel phones.
- On March 2, Google officially released Google Lens to Google photos for non-pixel smartphones.(only for Android)
- Later on March 16, Google announced to roll out the update for iOS devices too.
How to get and use this on your Device?
- Go and download Google Photos from your iOS or Android app store.
- Select any photo and tap on it and click on the Google Lens icon there.
And now you are able to check the details Google provides, or take an action. Google notes that if your web and app activity setting is switched on, your Google Lens activity will be saved to your Google account. You can delete the history of same from your google account too.